Heartbeat: Logical One By Romain Gauthier
by Ian Skellern
When Romain Gauthier presented his Logical One at Baselworld 2013, I wasn’t the only one impressed: later that same year Logical One was awarded the prestigious prize for best Men’s Complication at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève.
It’s worth having another look at just what makes this watch so very special.
Here are a few key features:
- Constant force by quadruple patent-pending chain-and-snail-cam mechanism
- Robust high-precision chain with low-friction ruby links for constant force mechanism
- Ergonomic push winding (not done via crown)
- 60-hour power reserve
- Mainspring barrel fitted with low-friction sapphire plates (again, provides more constant force)
- Gear train (and indications) in straight line to maximize efficiency of power transmission
- In-house manufacture movement designed, manufactured, assembled and regulated in the Romain Gauthier workshops
- Triangular pallet lever in the escapement for improved rigidity, another Romain Gauthier invention
For more information, please visit www.romaingauthier.com/logical-one.
In case you missed it, please check out Logical One Secret By Romain Gauthier: But Is It Art?
Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds; push winding
Case: platinum, 43 x 14.2 mm (also available in red gold)
Movement: in-house manually wound manufacture caliber, 60-hour power reserve, push-button winding, chain-and-snail-cam constant force system
Price: 139,000 Swiss francs
Also published on Medium.