Time Aeon Foundation And Oscillon Exhibiting Traditional Hand Craft At The 2017 SIHH
by Ian Skellern
The Time Aeon Foundation, driver of the Le Garde Temps, Naissance d’une Montre project (that of the handmade school watch that auctioned for $1.5 million), is set to present its second project, a collaboration with Oscillon, at the 2017 SIHH (see Oscillon’s l’Instant de Vérité: The Most − If Not The Only − Fully Handmade Watch Available Today).
The Time Aeon Foundation’s aims are to:
- To increase the public’s awareness of the watchmaking world.
- To index and catalogue endangered crafts.
- To preserve the crafts associated with watchmaking excellence and help pass them on to new generations.
- To help protect the world’s watchmaking heritage.
- To inspire people to take up watchmaking as a profession.
• To support the training of future independent watchmakers wishing to promote watchmaking excellence.
The Time Aeon Foundation’s active members are Robert Greubel, Stephen Forsey, Philippe Dufour, Felix Baumgartner, Vianney Halter, and David Bernard.
With the support of the Foundation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH) and Urwerk (as Felix Baumgartner is now a member of the foundation), the Time Aeon Foundation will have a dedicated booth at the entrance to the Carré des Horlogers (where the smaller independents and boutique brands exhibit at SIHH).
The FHH/Time Aeon Foundation stand will feature demonstrations and exhibits from both Oscillon, which will be live training two young watchmakers on site, and the Naissance d’une Montre project.
As well as exhibiting Oscillon’s hand made l’Instant de Vérité, the Time Aeon Foundation will also announce a new project with Oscillon.
For more information, please see:
Oscillon’s l’Instant de Vérité: The Most − If Not The Only − Fully Handmade Watch Available Today
The Le Garde Temps Project: A Horology Nerd’s Dream Come True
A Hero’s Journey Begins And Ends: Naissance d’Une Montre, Le Garde Temps
Also published on Medium.